02 outubro, 2002

Trilha sonora deste outubro de 2002
Um jornalista de um conhecido diário popular me manda a letra abaixo, que tem a ver com esses dias cinzentos - principalmente para a nossa profissão. O autor é Paul Weller, do The Jam, mas como não conheço a fundo a obra de ambos, não sei se é do Weller sozinho ou da banda. Segue aí:

ALL GONE AWAY - Paul Weller
The wind blows whispers down the street,
Having free reign with the town so bleak -
Like everything else it's - all gone away.

The Town Hall clock gives forth its chime,
For no-one there to ask the time -
Like everything else they're - all gone away.

The grocer's shop hangs up its sign
The sign says closed, it's a sign of the times -
Like everything else they've - all gone away.

But somewhere the party never ends
And greedy hands rub together again -
Shipping out the profits that they've stolen

An eerie wail comes from the pit
The ghosts of the men take the morning shift -
Just like clockwork - rusting away.

Come take a walk upon these hills
And see how monetarism kills -
Whole communities -
Even families -
There's nothing left so - They've all gone away.



Homebreakers
Good morning day, how do you do
I wonder - what will you do for me?
I should be on my way, I should be earning pay,
I should be all the things that I'm not -

And I've tried on my own, now there's nothing to keep me at home,
Like my brother has too - gotta leave to get out of this view.
You see they tell you to move around -
If you can't find work in your own town.

As I rise from my bed I can hear the old man
With a kiss and a wave - "Come home weekends", that's if I can save.
I swear I'll take it out on the man -
Who ever devised the economy plan.

All the love in the world - can't put -
Dinner on the table -
All the hate that I feel no love could put right.

Good morning day, how do you do
I wonder what will you do for me?
I should be on my way, I should be earning pay
I should be all the things that I'm not -

And I've tried on my own, now there's nothing to keep me at home
All the love and the strength has been taken by this Government.
You see they tell you to move around -
If you can't find work in you home town.

Father's in the kitchen, counting out the coins,
Mother's in the bedroom, looking through pictures of her boys,
One is in London, looking for a job -
The other's in Whitehall - looking for those responsible!


WALLS COME TUMBLING DOWN
You don't have to take this crap
You don't have to sit back and relax
You can actually try changing it

I know we've always been taught to rely
Upon those in authority -
But you never know until you try
How things just might be -
If we came together so strongly

Are you gonna try to make this work
Or spend your days down in the dirt
You see things can change -
YES an' walls can come tumbling down!

Governments crack and systems fall
'cause Unity is powerful -
Lights go out - walls come tumbling down!

The competition is a colour TV
We're on still pause with the video machine
That keep you slave to the H.P.

Until the Unity is threatend by
Those who have and who have not -
Those who are with and those who are without
And dangle jobs like a donkey's carrot -
Until you don't know where you are

Are you gonna realize
The class war's real and not mythologized
And like Jericho - You see walls can come tumbling down!

Are you gonna be threatend by
The public enemies No. 10 -
Those who play the power game
They take the profits - you take the blame -
When they tell you there's no rise in pay

Are you gonna try an' make this work
Or spend your days down in the dirt -
You see things CAN change -
YES an' walls can come tumbling down!